Andrew Pellar Limited
At Andrew Peller Limited (APL), we deliver the perfect brand experience for every lifestyle, occasion, and generation. Through collaboration, open communication, honesty, drive to win, and accountability, we inspire teammates to be extraordinary every day.
Who We Are
We are of Canada’s largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality winemaking.
We produce some of Canada’s most recognized brands and offer our teammates a challenging and rewarding employment experience.
We run a small and efficient team, and there will be opportunities to learn to use modern winemaking equipment and processes first hand, and take on roles that will develop your winery skills and techniques. 2019 is expected to be one of our largest Harvests to date with a number of grape varieties, including Merlot, Cabernet, Chardonnay and Vidal.
We are seeking Harvest Workers to join our Grimsby Cellars Team!
Harvest is approximately 3 to 4 months in duration with opportunities in both the Crush Pad and the Cellars.
12-hour continental shift work is required (days and nights).
Our future Harvest Team will participate in training sessions mid-August on a PART-TIME basis and will begin FULL-TIME work at the beginning of September.
- Operating equipment to crush, ferment, and clarify grapes, under the guidance of the Cellar Lead Hand
- Crush Pad: dumping grape bins, operating pumps, fermenters crusher/destemmer
- Cellars: Operating the centrifuge, setting up and operating pumps and transfer lines, floatation unit &yeast rehydrator
- Taking temperatures and samples for laboratory analysis
- Inoculation buildups for fermentations; Adding oak bags to tanks as directed
- Making material additions to juice or wine as directed
- Cleaning and sanitizing of processing equipment as directed
- Promoting a Health & Safety culture by learning & following safe work procedures, working in compliance with EH&S regulations
- Consistently following standard operating procedures to ensure wine quality
- High school diploma
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment considered an asset
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load on a daily basis
- Communicate effectively and work safely with co-workers
- Ability to lift in excess of 22 kg on a regular basis; standing, climbing, bending and walking
- Substantial attention to detail required
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Cellar experience an asset
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the company's "Employment of Relatives Policy" immediate family of employees who currently work for Andrew Peller Limited or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible for (re) hire. In addition, per our "Internal Job Posting Policy"; internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.