Andrew Peller Ltd.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team in a seven-month contract position.
The Staff Accountant Import Agency is responsible for the accounting associated with Import Agency business. This involves processing of advertising and promotional expenses; including employee expense report reviews and preparing invoicing to suppliers for spends processed via Filemaker. In addition, they are responsible for completing agency order shipments, purchase order processing, and payment applications.
- Review and code Andrew Peller Import Agency Employee Expenses and forward to Accounts Payable for payment
- Review and check expense report recoverable data in Filemaker
- Enter all other recoverable expenses into Filemaker
- Reconcile recoverable supplier accounts Filemaker to Oracle GL
- Prepare invoicing to Import Suppliers for recoverable expenses(Monthly/Quarterly)
- Reconcile supplier payments recoverables
- Review and code Accounts Payable 3rd Party Invoices and forward to Accounts Payable
- Pick release/ship import agency orders in Oracle
- Check and receive daily Purchase Order (PO) receipts and match PO receipts to invoices and forward to Accounts Payable
- Process Internal Organization Inventory transfers from BC to AB as required
- Reconcile Liquor Board payments, including entering deductions and chargebacks
- Prepare working papers relating to all areas of responsibilities
- Provide support to Financial Analysts, Financial Accountants, Accounting Staff and API Management
- Special projects and requests
- Support Internal Control Testing (NI 52-109)
- University Degree/College Diploma in Accounting
- Pursuing Accounting Designation (CGA, CMA, CA) would be an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Word
- 1 year of experience in financial role
- Comfortable in systems review and process development
- Ability to work in an environment of tight deadlines, changing priorities and multi-tasking
- Close attention to detail, data integrity and ability to problem solve
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs in a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.