A reputable and established service franchise located in Beamsville, specializing in the location and repair of underground water leaks is seeking a seasonal, full-time Pool Repair Technician Assistant for the busy summer season.
Hours: Monday – Friday (8am – 5pm).
Applicant will be expected to assist one of our certified technicians with swimming pool repairs that consist of:
- Removal/replacement of finished concrete
- Installation/repair of pool plumbing and fittings
- Assisting in loading and unloading the service vehicle with equipment/supplies
- Use of specialized hand, air and power tools in repair and assembly
- Work with a variety of products including fibreglass, concrete, sheet metal, plumbing and plumbing fittings
- Lifting and carrying tools and materials that weigh in excess of 50 lbs
- High school diploma or equivalency (post-secondary students encouraged to apply)
- Friendly personality with a customer service mindset
- Eager & willing to learn
- Ability to comprehend and perform various tasks
- Punctual and dependable
- Past construction experience and pool knowledge is advantageous, but not essential
- Able to perform physically demanding labour
- Mechanical knowledge and abilities
- Experience with power tools
- Comfortable working long hours and working outdoors
- Valid Ontario Driver’s licence and clean driving record
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and an ability to adhere to company's standards of quality and safety
Assistant will be assigned to a single technician with the aim of establishing consistent mentoring.
The opportunity for growth and advancement within the company exists and is encouraged.
Safety boots/shoes must be worn on the job at all times.
Goggles and gloves will be provided and worn for certain tasks.