Cave Springs Camp Retreat & Conference Centre
Cave Springs Camp, Retreat & Conference Centre is beautifully nestled on the Beamsville Bench with a panoramic view of the Niagara Escarpment. In the summer months, we host a United Church camp, offering a unique summer camp experience since 1951. The camp is guided and supported by a dedicated group of volunteers that form the Board of Directors, highly qualified and enthusiastic summer staff and volunteers from the local community and area churches. We also offer multiple venue options for our community to host a multitude of events. Cave Springs Camp Retreat and Conference Centre is located on the Niagara Escarpment in beautiful Beamsville, Ontario.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for carrying out a broad array of duties, as outlined in the position description, The Administrative Assistant will assist the Executive Director and help the camp achieve its goals by adhering to the highest ethical standards of business and practice by executing their authority in a manner that reflects the Cave Springs Camp’s written policies and, the policies of the United Church of Canada. The Administrate Assistant has three areas of duty which will often overlap.
- Answers and log Emails, and Phone Inquires
- Schedules potential client tours and support client on-site visits.
- Carries out administrative duties such as drafting booking contracts, filing signatures.
- Receive booking deposits, balance due payments and damage deposit
- Collect Client proof of insurance
- Create and maintain the Cleaning and Security schedule
- Coordinate, cleaning and security services
- Collect Post Event feedback
Marketing & Social Media:
- Maintain the camp website
- Maintain and organize Camp Photo and Videos
- Create and distribute Camp News letter
- Track donations and send Thank-you notes.
- Maintain files of employee training, and Vulnerable Sector Certificates
- Maintain Canada Job Files and Submissions
- Maintain Cave Springs Inc. Legal and operational documents.
- Host networking events ensuring a welcoming experience (refreshments decorations)
- Compile the Annual report
- 'other duties as assigned'
Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Reporting Skills
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Managing Processes
- Analyzing Information
- Problem Solving
- Supply Management
- Inventory Control
- Verbal Communication
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- Administrative assistant experience
- Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
Hours and Benefits
- Half-time 20hrs./wk. salaried
- Based out of Cave Springs Camp
- 2 weeks holidays
- Sick leave as needed