Community Living GLWL
Community Living is a non-profit charitable organization that has a proud caring team of participants, families, volunteers and professionals dedicated to providing quality supports and service to people with developmental disabilities and their families in West Niagara through opportunities for personal growth and community involvement.
We are a 24 hour continuous service and our professional staff are required to be flexible to work a variety of scheduled shifts and call-ins for days weekends evenings and overnights.
We currently have opportunities available within our adult and children’s residential group homes. We are looking for qualified people who want to join our team and work in a caring environment that is both challenging and rewarding. We are inviting applications from qualified and caring individuals who apply a person centered approach on creating dynamic supports that foster meaningful life enhancing achievements.
- Completion or working towards Post Secondary Personal Support Worker Diploma or Certificate
- Experience working with people who have developmental disabilities
- Experience with personal care is essential
- Current Level C – C.P.R. and First Aid
- Valid Driver’s Licence and must be insurable by the agencies insurance company
- Criminal Reference Check (within the last 6 months)
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention
- Ability to engage and support people based on a person-centered approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to set priorities, take initiative, work independently as well as in a team
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills