Purchasing Assistant – #8003- A
Ferguson Neudorf Glass Inc
Ferguson Neudorf Glass Inc. (FNG) is one of Canada’s leading designers, fabricators and installers of commercial aluminum curtain wall and skylights. With over 30 years in the industry, we are involved in some of the most prestigious construction projects in North America. Our company takes pride in its leadership through innovation in design and engineering.
We are actively seeking new members who share our passion for the industry and who are interested in growth within the organization. If you are an applicant ready to build your career in an active, challenging, and rewarding environment, then we look forward to hearing from you!
We are currently seeking a Purchasing Assistant to join our team. Reporting to the Purchasing Co-ordinator, the Purchasing Assistant will provide clerical and administrative support relating to purchases, order tracking, purchase agreements, data and document processing, as well as record and file maintenance. You will be responsible assisting with day-to-day procurement operations to support FNG’s ongoing operations for all of our plants.
Specific responsibilities included, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare material lists to send out to suppliers for quote.
- Issue purchase orders to suppliers for material. Ensuring that correct information is available for tracking of item and that purchase order acknowledgements are reviewed and entered in the system.
- Process requisitions and update status of orders. Prepare reports and updates when required.
- Ability to collaborate with other relevant departments and effectively communicate any supply problems, which may impact on business operations
- Maintain updated records of invoices, contracts, purchase agreements, and product records.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Post-Secondary education in relevant field.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in a manufacturing and office environment.
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Strong sense of accountability, responsibility and collaboration.
- Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with work teams, stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and negotiating skills, with strong demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel), experience with SAGE, and knowledge of data entry and experience with inventory management software.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (fluent in English).
- Ability to multi task on various projects at the same time and manage priorities.
- Strong drive for results and consistently meets deadlines.
- Dental care
- Extended health car
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ferguson Neudorf Glass Inc. (FNG) is an equal opportunity employer. We abide by the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
Only those selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted for an interview.
This job description is not a complete description of responsibility, but reflects the general qualifications, duties and/or responsibilities necessary to perform this position. Ferguson Neudorf Glass Inc. (FNG) reserves the right to revise the job description as circumstances warrant.