YMCA of Niagara
The YMCA is looking for applicants who want to be a role model of healthy lifestyles and physical activity for youth, and make a difference within their community.
Experience delivering youth recreational and leadership programs is an asset.
Enrollment or completion of a university degree or college diploma in Recreation, Physical Education, Child and Youth Studies, or a related field an asset.
- Plan and lead recreational programs for youth ages 10 to 14 Monday to Fridays at local schools throughout the Niagara Region
- Staff shifts may begin as early as 2:30 pm or 5:30 pm
- Supervise and lead recreational activities during Friday Night drop-in programs in branch
- Host and supervise Saturday night dances
- Build relationships with youth and be a positive role model
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
- Candidates must be 17 years or older
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C
- Team members must be willing and able to participate in active games on a regular basis, and will also be responsible for planning and implementing various aspects of the program
- Reliable transportation to programs throughout the Niagara Region is preferred
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening [within 1 year from date of issue]
Possibility of 6 to 25 hours a week available.
Preference will be given to those individuals with at least 3 nights availability as well as Friday nights and one Saturday night per month.
Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Internal applicants are expected to notify their supervisor before applying.
For more information on other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit: ymcaofniagara.org