Freedom Support Services Inc.
Freedom Support Services Inc. is a temporary staffing agency headquartered in Toronto serving the health care, social service sectors in south-central Ontario. We are currently hiring Personal Support Workers for our clients in Beamsville.
- Work flexible hours to meet the member needs
- Support and encourage members and caregivers by communicating with them and involving them in the provision of their own care when possible and by actively listening and engaging in appropriate interaction
- Interact with the members, the caregivers and other people of a member’s support network in a professional and respectful manner
- Provide personal care which may include, but is not limited to bathing, grooming, skin care, dressing, toileting, lifts/transfers, mobility assistance, and assisting members at mealtime
- Operate mobility devices (e.g. transfer board) to aid in the lift/transfer of members according to the established guidelines for the safe and proper usage of such equipment
- Complete household tasks which include but are not limited to laundry, making the bed, vacuuming, wiping kitchen surfaces, dusting the furniture and other duties as directed
- Prepare nutritious meals for members that accommodate specific dietary needs
- Accompany the member to medical appointments, shopping trips and for walks as required
- Assist member to perform ADL tasks in order to maintain and enhance the member’s functional abilities
- Collaborate and back up other members of the care team by assisting with assignments as requested
- Create a safe, calm and respectful environment while carrying out duties in the member’s home
- Complete documentation and reports in a professional format in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
- PSW certificate from an Ontario Community College program, or a private Career College in Ontario that is registered with and approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities with successful completion of the Final Examination administered by the National Association of Career Colleges (NACC)
- Experience in Long Term Care and working with the elderly, working in Group Homes and with the Developmentally Disabled
- Valid Standard CPR & First Aid
- Must be able to travel to various Client locations; possess a Valid Ontario G/G2 drivers licence with access to a vehicle is an asset
- Current Vulnerable Sector Police Screening. (less than 6 months old)
- Current annual medical check including immunization
- Crisis Prevention Intervention training is an asset
- Pharmacology training is an asset
- Flexible schedule
- 4% vacation pay
- Free online training
- 24-hour support with scheduling queries
- Paid orientations
- Great experiences and the possibility to change for better someone's life
Getting your foot in the door can be difficult but we can help!
Submit your resume and register with our agency today!
Freedom Support Services Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Freedom Support Services Inc. will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.