Under the direction of the Kitchen Manager, the Line Cook has the primary responsibility for the preparation of food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner. This is a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment and you must be prepared to work as a team member in a fun dynamic workplace and be pro-active and passionate about working in a kitchen environment. The incumbent will perform their duties with little or minimal supervision.
- Open/Close the kitchen according to standards, ensuring all necessary supplies are available to prepare menu for service
- Prepare following recipes, portion controls, presentation and serve menu items compliant with established standards and practices
- Maintain quality and safety of food including handling and preparation by performing necessary sanitation measures
- Maintain a clean organized work environment including; walk in coolers, storage areas, sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering and storage of food items according to standards and procedures as well as general maintenance and detailed cleaning of equipment
- Assist Manager with inventory control and notify in advance of likely shortages
- Maintain a positive and professional approach to co-workers
- Maintains an understanding and knowledge
- Be flexible and assist in all food service positions as required
- Other duties as required
- Food Handlers Certificate considered an asset
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Able to stand and be on the move for long periods of time
- Knowledge of food preparation
- Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Has a desire for growth and professional development
- 1 years’ experience in a fast paced kitchen environment considered an asset
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation and principles of safe food handling required
Flexible schedule needed. Must be available weekdays, weekends, and evenings.
What’s in it for you?
- We offer pay reflective of experience
- Unlike most bars we are closed most holidays! (Christmas/Boxing Day/Easter/thanksgiving)
- Discount on food and drink