Well established construction company in Hamilton is expanding! We are looking for a highly skilled and personable Site Supervisor with strong work ethics that can meet tight timelines and interact with homeowners/trades.
The Site Supervisor is primarily responsible for controlling all of the daily operations on the job site. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: managing laborers and trades, maintenance of the construction schedule, scheduling installations and delivery of supplies as well as cost and quality control. S/he assists the Director of Construction to overseeing the timely construction of the building from framing to warranty service, request signoff while keeping to the budget. The Site Supervisor plays an integral role in ensuring zero defect suites through effective management of trades, inspectors, suppliers and staff.
- Coordinate and supervise all field personnel and sub-contractors to achieve all construction activities through completion of a project on schedule, within budget and in accordance to the Ontario Building Code
- Maintain construction schedules; identify and solve problems as necessary. Setting appropriate inspections as required throughout the process
- Ensure best practices are followed and techniques are used to produce the highest quality home
- Ensure all Health & Safety policies are promoted and adhered to on the job site and any job hazards are rectified immediately
General Responsibilities include:
- Ensures complete adherence to HBD Construction Processes, in accordance with Policy and Procedures
- Assists in monitoring & supervising on-site construction staff and daily trade functions promoting and maximizing timeliness, quality of workmanship and completion of work
- Facilitates regular meetings and/or tool box talks with staff and trades to communicate production and safety requirements
- Conducts site walkthroughs to ensure deficiencies are noted, Building Code is adhered to, and the purchasers Design Options and Extras are complied with
- Adheres to procedures as required by the trade Scopes of Work and HBD Quality Standards and communicates corrective action required to Director of Construction
- Is proactive and actively assists in problem solving when job site or construction issues occur (falling behind schedule, quality of work, etc.) while complying with policy, plans and specification
- Assists with managing the Production Schedule and maintains production targets and dates
- Schedules, facilitates and/or attends necessary municipal inspections
- Assists Inspectors and Director of Construction with the completion of the review, and rectifies issues as required
- Ensures all work is being done in a safe manner and enforces safety standards and laws
- Work with the Safety Representative to maintain a safe work environment
- Investigate and report all accidents to Head Office
- Ensure employees have required training and competent to perform tasks in a safe manner prior to commencement of work
- Manages the maintenance of job site ensuring it is clean and aesthetically appealing while under construction
- Carry out additional tasks as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of residential and mid-rise home construction A MUST
- Must have valid WHMIS, Working At Heights and First-Aid/CPR training
- Good knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction and/or repair of houses and buildings
- Valid class G driver’s licence
The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written. They will have the ability to coordinate several major activities at once, while analyzing and resolving specific problems. He/she will be able to lead and coordinate a group of people in an organized and professional manner. A proven decision-maker capable of working well under pressure (particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays), they will have the ability to take a large scale project from start to finish.
Interested candidates can send their resume along with salary expectations.