Our main business consists of ICI projects from base building to interior renovations. We also have a repair division that services Burlington, Hamilton, Niagara and Halton.
Our head office is located downtown Hamilton, Ontario.
As our next Junior Estimator, you will have the opportunity to work directly with Preconstruction Services, Project Managers, and Superintendents to execute and oversee the estimating, and tender process. We are proud to have a collaborative team and we are looking for an individual who leads by example and has a proven track record. Specifically, we’re looking for a leader with the right attitude and background who possess the right qualities.
- Prepare estimates, electronic folders, templates and bid tracking documents predominantly in the retail, commercial space
- Manage, organize and distribute bid documents including posting documents
- Update estimating schedules and online bidding status
- Distribute invitations to bid and respond to bidders
- Prepare and route requests for information
- Receive, qualify and enter bids
- Prepare proposal documents and clarifications for owner presentations
- Conduct PM hand-off to transition project from Estimating to Project Management
- Manage bidder's database and qualifications
- Update historical databases of completed project costs
- Provide technical support to Project Managers and Administrative Staff
- 1-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in PDF documents, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, MS Project
- General construction knowledge and experience required for bid review and analysis
- Experience in and understanding of the retail and commercial construction space
- Excellent accuracy and mathematical competency skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be organized, efficient and productive
- Able to work effectively with others in a team environment
- On-screen Take Off