INCommunities is a community information centre providing information and referral services through our AIRS accredited 211 contact centre; Niagara Community Information Database; language interpreting services; and a volunteer matching program.
INCommunities is seeking a full time Information and Referral Specialist for the 211 program.
- Provide comprehensive information and referral to enquirers, assessing their needs through questioning; primarily responding to phone inquiries
- Contribute to maintaining an accurate and up-to-date community information resource system, including the internet based database
- Collect and maintain statistical data on all inquiries
- When appropriate, follow up with enquirers to determine if their information needs were met
- Become AIRS certified within a maximum of 2 years of employment
- Participate in 211’s role as the Public Inquiry Contact Centre in times of emergency
- Post-Secondary required
- Previous CIRS designation desired
- Passion for information sharing and connection people to appropriate programs and services
- Proven communication skills and a customer orientation
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a human service oriented organization
- Familiarity with computer applications including Microsoft office
- Comfort with internet-based programs
Anticipated start date: September 11, 2017
Applications must be received by: August 21, 2017
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, scheduled between 7 am to 7 pm, Monday to Friday
Apply with cover letter and resume to: Employment Help Centre
INCommunities is committed to providing accommodation during the employment application and recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted for an interview please advise us if you require any accommodation.