INCommunities is a community information centre providing information and referral services through our AIRS accredited 211 contact centre; language interpreting services; and a volunteer matching program.
INCommunities is seeking part time Information and Referral Specialists for the 211 program.
Hours of Work: 15-20 hours per week, scheduled between 7 am to 7 pm, Monday to Friday (possibility of moving into full-time, 35 hrs per week)
- Provide comprehensive information and referral to enquirers, assessing their needs through questioning; primarily responding to phone inquiries
- Contribute to maintaining an accurate and up-to-date community information resource system, including the internet-based database
- Collect and maintain statistical data on all inquiries
- When appropriate, follow up with enquirers to determine if their information needs were met
- Become AIRS certified within a maximum of 2 years of employment
- Participate in 211’s role as the Public Inquiry Contact Centre in times of emergency
- Post-Secondary required
- Previous CIRS designation desired
- Passion for information sharing and connecting people to appropriate programs and services
- Proven communication skills and a customer orientation
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a human service-oriented organization
- Familiarity with computer applications including Microsoft office
- Comfort with internet-based programs
Apply with cover letter and resume.
INCommunities is committed to providing accommodation during the employment application and recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise us if you require any accommodation.