Lincoln Chamber of Commerce
The Lincoln Chamber of Commerce is currently accepting applications for the position of Office Manager / Executive Director. The Lincoln Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, membership-driven organization which supports and represents over 200 local businesses, civic organizations and tourism-based businesses in the Town of Lincoln. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional and career minded individual seeking a challenging opportunity to learn and grow with our Chamber.
The Office Manager / Executive Director will be the lead staff person for the organization, responsible for developing and maintaining the operations of the Chamber Office, and building strong relationships within our membership and the business community in Lincoln.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Office Manager / Executive Director will be responsible for the successful operation of the day-to-day activities of the chamber office. The successful candidate will be responsible for completing all the tasks necessary to keeping the Chamber a functional organization, including the administrative and financial requirements of the organization.
The Office Manager / Executive Director will plan, implement and oversee projects including but are not limited to:
- Event planning and coordination; organize and coordinate membership events including our Annual General Meeting, Annual Golf Tournament, Outstanding Business Achievement Awards Gala and monthly Networking events
- New membership sales, outreach and renewals
- All office and administrative duties
- Prepare and organize monthly Executive and Board of Director meetings
- Oversee and actively participate in Chamber committees
- Manage the Social Media activities of the chamber to include Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
- Responsible for all day to day bookkeeping duties including invoicing, A/R & A/P, payroll and the preparation of monthly financials
- Advocacy on behalf of the Chamber of Commerce and its membership at local, regional and provincial government levels
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years Office Management experience
- Preferred Post-Secondary Degree in business administration and management or related field
- Previous Accounting experience and proficient in Simply Accounting
- Office skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Experienced user of Social Media platforms to include Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Previous experience working in an non-profit environment and reporting to a Board of Directors
- Strong organization, time management, multi-tasking skills, and very detail oriented
- Interpersonal and business communication skills
- Management experience and proven ability to plan, supervise and coordinate the work of others
- Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality
- Eager self-starter with a professional appearance, phone manner, and presentation skills
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of licence and insurance
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Candidates wishing to submit their application are asked to forward their cover letter and resume.
Applications will be accepted up until Friday February 26th, 2016 at 5:00pm.
The Lincoln Chamber of Commerce and its Board of Directors would like to thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.