Casual Housekeeper – #5680 -L
Lincoln Park Retirement Residence
The Housekeeper performs general housekeeping activities within the established guidelines for health and safety, infection control and quality management. This position offers part time hours; casual on call.
Receives assignment, assembles required materials and supplies, loads service cart and transports to work area.
Using specified cleaning/disinfecting/sanitizing agents, and following specific procedures, work patterns and routines, performs such tasks as (but not limited to):
- Resident Room Cleaning as per assigned schedule
- Sweeping, dry/wet mopping
- Vacuuming and shampooing carpets, wax floor care
- Spot cleaning walls, windows and doors
- Dusting and sanitizing/disinfecting furniture, shelves, woodwork, etc.
- Emptying wastebasket
- Re-arranging furniture
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting of all bathroom floors, fixtures, walls and replenishing supplies
- Ensures privacy of residents during performance of duties
- Prepares room for new occupant following prescribed procedures to ensure tour ready at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Previous housekeeping experience is required
- Ability to read, write English and follow written instructions
- Good understanding of chemical and equipment use
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Strong customer service skills and ability to effectively communicate with residents and staff
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Apply to: Debbie Wellman: Debbie.Wellman@siennaliving.ca