Mini Retreat Childcare Inc.
Terms of Employment: Contract (Maternity Leave Coverage), Part-time leading to Full Time
Contract Term: At least 15 months
Salary: $19.00 Hourly
Anticipated Start Date: December, 2018
Location: Beamsville, Ontario
Education: Completion of high school, Completion of College/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Early Childhood Education Diploma or Degree, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate, First Aid Certificate Level C
Experience: Experience an asset
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
Work Setting: Child care centre, Day-care centre
Children's Ages: 1- 4 years
Early Childhood Education:
- Plan and develop child care curriculum plans
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities
- Provide opportunity for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play and music
- Assess the developmental level of children, Knowledge of Child Care Early Years Act (CCEYA)
- Knowledge of licensing regulations, How does Learning Happen?
- Supervise trainees or volunteers
- Assist in maintaining records of children, Maintain day care supplies and equipment
- Leadership skills, Interpersonal skills, Light cleaning duties
Security and Safety: Vulnerable Sector Check, Updated Immunization records
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling, and lifting.
Work Site Environment: Indoors/Outdoors, Noisy, Non-smoking, Air conditioned
Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation
Essential Skills: Reading text, Document use, Writing, Oral communication, Working with others, Problem
solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, Significant use of memory, Finding information, Computer use, Continuous learning
Must be registered with college of Early Childhood Educators (RECE).
Only successful applicants (meeting the specified skills and qualifications) will be contacted for an interview.