Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority (NPCA)
As part of the Programming team, this role is responsible for education and recreational program delivery and activities as assigned. Duties may include delivering educational and recreational programming to children, youth and adults, as well as providing tours of historical buildings to park visitors.
This role is responsible for providing exceptional delivery of educational material and curriculum content, and excellent customer service to customers/patrons/students, as well as ensuring the safety of program participants.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of the youth summer day camp program
- Research and deliver educational programming, guided tours, and special events on the site’s natural and cultural heritage
- Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of heritage village, including building interiors, gardens, and demonstration materials
- Assist in the set-up and take-down of programs and teaching areas
- Provide general oversight of visitor activity, ensuring safety of customers and park
- Communicate effectively and courteously with visitors, promoting good public relations and an enjoyable customer experience
- Assist in the general operation of the Conservation Area
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Experience delivering educational and/or recreational programming to youth and/or adults
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to resolve challenging customer situations
- Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid CPR & First Aid an asset
- Valid High Five: Principles of Health Childhood Development Certification an asset
Applicants will be assigned to one location but may be asked to work at any of the locations listed below. Please indicate your location preference(s) as part of your application.
- Ball’s Falls
- Binbrook (Hamilton)
- Chippawa Creek
- Long Beach
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
***All candidates are asked to apply through the Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority (NPCA) website:
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace.
We can provide accommodation for a disability in all employment activities, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.