Summer Student Positions
Under the direction of the Area Superintendent, and as assigned, the incumbent is responsible for the performance of gatehouse, education and recreational program delivery and activities.
Duties may include processing gatehouse cash receipts through issuing use permits, daily cash handling oversight and accounts reports/reconciliations, reporting issues to the Superintendent as they occur, delivering educational and recreational programming to children, youth and adults.
The incumbent is responsible for providing excellent customer service to the customers/patrons, and ensuring the safe condition of the conservation area.
Individuals may be routinely assigned to one particular responsibility but must maintain the willingness and ability to perform any duties necessary to maintain the operation of the park as required.
- Operate cash register, issue use permits and ensure proper cash handling procedures
- Provide general oversight of visitor activity, ensuring safety of customer and park
- Research, develop and deliver educational children’s programming, guided tours, and special events on the site’s natural and cultural heritage
- Maintain cleanliness of the park and facilities
- Communicate effectively and courteously with visitors, promoting good public relations and an enjoyable customer experience
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 1-year customer service experience
- 1 year of either cash-handling or programming
- Valid G class driver’s license preferred
- Valid CPR & First Aid an asset
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to resolve challenging customer situations
- Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check or Vulnerable Sector Check
Applicants will be assigned to one location but may be asked to work at any of the locations listed below.
Please indicate your location preference(s) as part of your application.
• Ball’s Falls
• Binbrook (Hamilton)
• Chippawa Creek
• Long Beach
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace.
We can provide accommodation for a disability in all employment activities, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply here: WWW.NPCA.CA/CAREERS