The District School Board of Niagara, Facility Services Department is now accepting applications for Casual Caretakers. These are on-call, entry level positions that cover staff vacancies for afternoon/evening cleaning of schools.
Hours of Work: Ranging from 3 – 8 hours per shift.
- General Cleaning
- Other duties as required
- Prior caretaking experience is an asset
- Reliable transportation (valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle an asset)
- Willingness to travel throughout the Niagara Region
- Ability to be on-call and ready to work with short notice
- Valid Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods and move/carry/lift equipment and devices – required to meet physical demands analysis
- CSA approved footwear is required
Emailed applications including a cover letter and résumé outlining qualifications and experience and three (3) professional work references which include valid e-mail address.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please submit the above to:
Subject Line: Casual Caretaker
Applicants are thanked for their interest in working for the District School Board of Niagara. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The District School Board of Niagara is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. We will offer accommodation for applicants as required throughout the stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted by the District School Board of Niagara regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. Information relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.