NRB Inc is an industry leader in innovative modular construction since 1979, and today building off-site is fast becoming a more widely recognized project delivery method. We are looking for dynamic “out of the box” doers and thinkers to join our winning team, and we can offer the right employee a high-energy and rewarding work environment in an exciting, and rapidly growing industry.
We are looking for a seasoned self-motivated Construction Estimator who can take on the challenges of a busy, fast-paced work environment with crucial deadlines.
This position requires you to work closely with the Sales Department, as well as Design, Purchasing and Project Management. Functions also include finding and building relationships with multi-discipline sub-trades. In addition you are responsible to:
- Review and interpret all project files, tender documents and specifications and confirm compliance and identify qualifications
- Prepare files for sub-trades and suppliers
- Meet bit closing deadlines
- Prepare estimates using Excel spreadsheets, Bluebeam and Microsoft Project
- Assist with design, pricing and proposal strategies in support of the submission
- Maintain and update historical data spreadsheet to aid in budgetary pricing
- Prepare qualifications, scope of work or other documents in support of the intent of the proposal
- Identify long lead time items
- Research alternate trades and source suppliers as needed
- Work with the company's customized CRM program
- Minimum of 8 years experience in building construction estimating, preferably in a general contracting environment
- Relevant construction related degree or diploma
- Understanding of Part 3 Ontario Building Code
- Ability to read and interpret complex project specifications, tender documents and drawings
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel, Word and other estimating software tools
- Excellent oral, written communication and mathematical skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manipulate, monitor and manage Excel cost database