Original Foods Limited
We are a growing food manufacturing company based in Dunnville, ON that is looking for a Product Developer.
The Company: Original Foods Limited has been established since 1947 and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. Our success and growth are testament to that.
The Position: We’re looking for a Product Developer.
- We offer an opportunity to learn more about confectionary manufacturing and see how some of your favorite products are made.
- We also offer an exciting, faced paced learning environment, where you will have the opportunity to develop the markets next favorite product.
- Coordinate product development through all stages of development, concept to bench-top prototype, pilot plant and full-scale manufacture
- Responsible for ensuring prototype samples are prepared accurately within the established timelines
- Evaluate and document all raw materials and ingredients
- Conduct and interpret the results of analytical testing including bulk density, moisture, fat and salt
- Responsible for supervising plant trials and first 3 production runs
- Prepare products for cuttings and sales/customer presentations
- Assist with setting up sensory evaluation and analyzing the data
- Identify process improvements
- Knowledge of creating and maintaining labels, nutrition facts panels, ingredient statements, net weight statements, UPC’s etc. for new and current products
- Review ingredients, formulas, labeling and packaging to ensure full compliance with laws and regulations in countries where product is sold
- Review and approve packaging/label artwork for nutritional and regulatory compliance requirements such as font size, test placement, proper product names, claims, principle display panel, information panel, etc.
- Responsible for designing the packaging
- Prepare and maintain the finished product specifications for new and existing customers
- Practice policy of continual improvement in work area and suggestions throughout the facility
- Diploma or Degree – Ideally in Food Science or related field
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of experience in food industry
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient in Genesis
- Basic lab analysis skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented with good time management skills
- Works well under pressure with a sense of urgency
- Ability to multitask with accuracy
- Ability work in a fast paced, constantly changing priorities environment
- Able to work with minimal supervision
Original Foods has adopted the entire set of Health Authority Guidelines in full and expect our employees to operate within those guidelines both at work and outside to ensure the safety of our employees. Additional cleaning programs are in place.