PBI-Printing By Innovation Inc.
PBI – Printing By Innovation Inc. is a fast growing Commercial Printing Company providing the best customer service, quality and value. We are a “top notch” printing company with state of the art printing presses. We are committed to “Going the Extra Mile” and continuously delivering above and beyond expectations. Providing a high quality product and complete customer satisfaction is absolutely essential. Our goal at PBI is to work hand in hand with our clients to develop bright ideas and brilliant solutions for all promotional printing and direct marketing needs. We are committed to the Customer Experience.
We are seeking casual, part-time, on call Hand Bindery Helpers to be part of our Temporary Help Pool. We expect workers to have a drive for excellence in quality and further complemented with the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment. The Hand Bindery Helper will be a dedicated team player who is able to work independently as well as in a team. Individuals must be able to assist the experienced Bindery Operators as well as have the ability to handle numerous and varied tasks simultaneously to produce on-time commercial print products that meet our high standards. The Hand Bindery Helper will be detailed oriented and have a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Under the direction of the Production Manager and Bindery Team Lead, the Hand Bindery Helper is responsible for performing a variety of tasks in support of the printing and finishing operations
- Pack skids for shipping, hand folds, glues, hand binding, hand assembly, collating, etc.
- Use rubber bands to bundle items, paper, folders, etc.
- Assist in cleaning of work areas
- Monitor product quality by applying and adhering to company quality control standards/checks
- Ensure all company procedures are followed
- Maintain a safe work environment; perform safety inspections on equipment
- This position also requires the ability to work overtime when needed
Qualifications, Requirements and Physical Demands:
- Safety shoes are required
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment
- Ability to work well with co-workers in a team environment
- Keen attention to detail for quality excellence
- Constant standing and/or walking for 8 hours
- Repetitive tasks, manual dexterity, and attention to detail
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Noise level is usually moderate to loud
- Occasionally squat, kneel or bend
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
PBI is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection processes. PBI is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. PBI will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process, up to the point of undue hardship. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources at HR@pbiinc.ca as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
The incumbent shall comply with all Health & Safety Policies and Practices for this position in the workplace.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to HR@pbiinc.ca. Clearly indicate the job title in the subject line.