Robert Land Academy
Located in Wellandport, Ontario, Robert Land Academy (RLA) is a highly structured not-for-profit Canadian private military boarding school that has provided a safe, healthy, living and learning environment for boys in grades 5-12 since 1978.
The Residence Supervisor is responsible for supporting the physical and emotional needs of the students in accordance with policies and procedures, applicable legal statutes, and RLA values by counseling, monitoring, evaluating, and ensuring controls. In this role, you will hold the Academy rank of Staff Sergeant and wear the Academy (military-style) uniform.
- Supervision of students in an all-male dormitory
- Administer medications and first aid
- Transport students to appointments
- Assist with day-to-day programming, supervision of study halls and other activities
- Report writing
- Applicants must possess a valid Class G driver's licence
- Provide a satisfactory police clearance certificate
- Be available to work rotating day/night, 8/10/12 hour shifts (including weekends and some holidays)
- The successful applicant must be willing to wear the Academy uniform to the set standard, as well as maintain standards with respect to personal grooming
Preference will be given to those holding:
- A diploma from a recognized community college or university in a related field, or relevant experience
- Current St. John's Ambulance or Red Cross First Aid and CPR certification
- PMAB certification
Term of Engagement: Full-time/part-time/casual hours available. Please include availability when applying.
Rate of Pay: $15 - $17 per hour (plus benefits for full-time staff)