Seniors for Seniors
Seniors for Seniors, a division of Spectrum Health Care, is a non-medical home-care agency proudly serving seniors for over 30 years. Part time, casual employment is available for retired individuals for Handy Person services to seniors.
If you are a mature adult and looking for part time, casual employment, being a Handy Person might be the role for you.
If you enjoy helping seniors and are passionate about care-giving, please apply with your resume.
- Provide general household maintenance, painting, minor plumbing and other projects
- Adhere to the safe work/risk management policies and practices of Seniors for Seniors
- Works within the Ethical Practice Framework of Seniors for Seniors
- Understands the range of services provided by each division of the Spectrum family and how it contributes to our model of Total Client Care
- Continually assess, anticipate, identify and respond to new and changing need of clients and communicates available resources to clients when appropriate
- Must be retired or of retirement age
- Prior experience in house-hold repairs and maintenance
- Be a warm, compassionate individual
- Experience caring for the elderly
- Several years of life experience
- Ability to speak other languages an asset
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that successful candidates will require current TB testing and current Police Reference Check suitable for working with the vulnerable sector prior to commencing employment.
Seniors for Seniors, a division of Spectrum Health Care, is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact the Human Resources Department at 416-964-0322 for assistance.