Church Administrator/Office Manager – #5493 -A
Smithville United Church
Smithville United Church is presently looking for an experienced office administrator to fill a contract, part-time, (16-20 hours per week) maternity-leave position for one year beginning March 19, 2019.
Our Church has much to draw on from its 225 year heritage as it plans for an exciting, growing future. A rich history of faith provides the foundation for outreach into the small but growing town of Smithville, and the surrounding Township of West Lincoln.
The Church Administrator/Office Manager will play a vital role as the Church implements its new Strategic Plan of outstanding music, meaningful worship, and the attraction of young families to our community of faith.
- Maintain and organize church office including phone reception, handling of mail, coordinating use of church facilities, and booking volunteers for weekly church service tasks
- Coordinate correspondence and schedules for the Minister, Official Board, and all committees
- Prepare PowerPoint presentation for each Sunday service, in liaison with the Minister and other relevant parties
- Maintain and update messaging on electronic street sign and bulletin board, website, social media platforms, in liaison with the Communication Committee
- Assume role of Secretary of the Official Board fulfilling duties including recording and publishing minutes for all board meetings
- Compile weekly Sunday Service Bulletins, Quarterly Newsletters, and Annual Reports with input from contributing individuals or committees
- Handle all aspects of record keeping with respect to monetary offerings and other sources of revenue, in liaison with the church treasurer
- Maintain church records, documents, and reports for archiving and informational purposes
- Prior administrative experience
- Post-secondary education
- Proficient with Microsoft Office -specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Accurate typing and proofreading skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Flexibility with job requirements
- Ability to multi-task comfortably
- Desire to be proactive and to create a positive experience for others
- Supportive of the mission of the Church
Interested Candidates should apply by submitting their resume via email by Friday, February 22nd.