Southcott Davoli Professional Corporation, Chartered Professional Accountants is currently seeking to hire a full time Administrative Assistant to join the team.
The position is a full-time position from February 1st – April 30th each year, meaning Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (7.5 hours per day) and Saturdays in the months of March and April. For the remaining 9 months of the year, the position is for approximately 6 hours each day, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Overtime may be required depending upon client commitments and deadlines.
- Reception - answering telephones, emails and greeting clients
- Typing financial statements, correspondence, etc; intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is critical
- Printing and assembling of tax returns
- Getting mail from post office, opening, distributing and maintaining postage meter
- Preparing invoices to clients, sending out accounts receivable statements and related tasks
- Recording receipts from clients, including making bank and credit card deposits and recording in accounting software and files
- Setting up new clients in files and various data bases
- Maintaining current filings of all client and office files, both electronically and in paper format
- Maintaining and updating office supplies, stationary etc.
- Assembling personal, corporate and various tax returns
- Assisting in replies to queries form the Canada Revenue Agency and others as they arise
- Ability to install software on their work station an asset
- Other administrative tasks as they arise
Your knowledge of Word and Excel will be assessed by us during the interview process and because the position requires handling of cash and equivalents, we will also require a police check for the successful applicant.
If you are interested in joining a firm that values the balance between work and life issues, is interested in state of the art business tools & technology and enjoys assisting exceptional clients to grow and achieve their business goals, then you are encouraged to apply with your resume and cover letter.