Staalduinen Floral Ltd.
Staalduinen Floral Ltd. processes & distributes an extensive line of cut flowers, flowering plants, cut greens, floral supplies and cut flower bouquets. Staalduinen Floral has been a well-respected name in the floral industry for over 50 years with a reputation based upon being the foremost provider of high quality floral products, exceptional service and best-in-class order fulfillment.
- Operate delivery vehicle in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage and loss of life
- Follow MTO regulations and safety standards
- Complete logs and reports
- Adhere to company's policies and procedures
- Deliver a wide variety of floral products to different addresses
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate delivery vehicle
- Follow route and time schedule
- Collect payments
- Complete reports
The Delivery Driver is required to have, as a minimum, a valid G Class driver’s license with a good driving record with no traffic violations. The applicant must have proficient knowledge & skills in the following areas:
- Knowledge of truck and equipment safety
- Knowledge of MTO log requirements
- Proven experience as a delivery driver
- Minimum of 3 years of continuous truck driving experience driving as a G class (insurance requirement)
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission
- Speaking, reading and writing proficiency in English
- Must be honest and trust worthy
- Possess cultural awareness and respect
- Demonstrate sound work ethics and time management
- Deal with customers, coworkers and the public in a positive, courteous and respectful manner
Working conditions: The Delivery Driver has a physically strenuous and demanding job. He/She will be:
- Climbing in and out of the vehicle
- Lifting boxes up to 60 lbs
- Lifting rear roll up door on truck
- Climbing stairs
- Operating and maneuvering a pallet truck
- Moving floral carts (both full and empty) on and off the truck
- He/She will have to work in all weather conditions
Delivery Drivers are paid hourly with a half hour unpaid lunch break.
Benefits available to full-time employees after successful completion of three-month probationary period.