Quality Technician – #5623 – L
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 60 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates.
Required Shifts: Rotating Shifts (8 Hours)
Rotations – 7AM- 3PM- Day Shift, 3PM- 11PM – Afternoon Shift, 7PM-7AM- Night Shift. Shifts rotate every two weeks with two weeks of paid on call weekends every six weeks.
The purpose of this role is to ensure all product coming off the line is packaged and sent to customers in a timely manner and in compliance to order specifications.
- Ensure compliance with food safety standards (SQF Code) throughout the manufacturing facility
- Audit production and packaging processes to ensure compliance with product specifications
- Assist with quality training of production personnel
- Maintain and troubleshoot anti-mix detection systems(vision and barcode systems)
- Record and compile audit and test results, and prepare graphs, charts, and reports
- Maintain SOPs for all active products, and work collaboratively with members of the production department to verify SOPs
- Perform audits of product at both the plant and warehouse located off site
- Participate in safety initiatives and improvement measures completing all related documentation
- Provide assistance to the Quality Manager for projects related to research and development, production technology, and quality control
- Other related duties as assigned
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety Regulations and
- Company Policies
- Perform inspections of health and safety equipment
- Assist in the maintenance of the Stanpac Health and Safety Manual and forms
- Record and compile injury statistics and identify trends
- Maintain employee training documents and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience working in a production/manufacturing environment with a Quality or Safety role an asset
- Organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Be detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team or as an individual
Requirements: This job is performed within a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs)
- Own CSA Approved steel-toed boots
- Driver’s Licence - an asset
This position is not close to any public transit. Applicants must have reliable transportation.
- Full time hours in a clean and friendly production environment
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits after 6 months
- Company picnics, team-building and more!
- Employee Referral program ($250 Gift Card when your awesome friend or family member hits their 2-month anniversary)
- RRSP Matching up to 3% after 1 year