Visiting Angels Canada
Visiting Angels® Inc. is an organization that focuses on improving the quality of life for people needing care during their illnesses, after an accident/surgery, and require care for their children. We are seeking an Events Assistant (Contract Summer Student Position).
Projected start date is May 23, 2018 – August 17, 2018 (approx. 14 weeks). Required hours per week 37.5, but not limited to. Wage $14.00/hour.
- Assist with the planning, implementation and evaluation of promotional events such as job fair, wedding show, etc.
- Assist with promoting and communications our services to the wider communities
- Promote all events through social media (Facebook, Twitter) and website
- Coordinate festivals and events throughout southern Ontario and Niagara Region
- Provide onsite support at events
- Arrange to deliver and pick-up supplies throughout Niagara for events
- Coordinate each event
- Provide input into post event reports, and other duties, as required
- Between 18 and 30 years of age
- University or college student with educational emphasis on marketing, public relations, community relations, event management, or related discipline
- Registered full-time student 2017-2018 with the intention to return to school on a full-time basis 2018-2019
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with Ontario legislation and regulations
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- Access to a smart phone for event posts
- Some physical requirements to set-up and tear down events, and move supplies
- Computer literate in all Microsoft Office applications, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Alignable, HubSpot, YouTube, Coral, Word Press, Adobe, Publisher, and InDesign
- Event planning and implementation experience
- Outgoing, professional friendly, “can-do” attitude
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated creativity and professionalism
- Competence and accuracy in entering data, as well as working with Excel spreadsheets
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Ability to manage varying priorities, working under tight timelines
Interested applicants are invited to submit their résumé and cover letter to:
Alieth Allen, Executive Director at email@example.com or fax 905-685-8351.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.