Chicken Farmers of Ontario (CFO)
Chicken Farmers of Ontario’s (CFO) staff-associates are critical to CFO’s success in providing high quality, high impact solutions to Ontario’s chicken industry value chain stakeholders and Ontario consumers.
The Ontario chicken industry is one of the most successful supply managed industries in the country and accounts for over $3.25 billion in overall economic activity in the province.
CFO has a long-standing strategy of rewarding talent and experience which has been designed to attract, retain and motivate high performers and strategic thinkers. Key performance areas across each step of the chicken grow-out process include quality, husbandry, nutrition, sanitation, housing, bio-security, bird health and overall welfare, safety, traceability, and overall flock management. CFO constantly focuses on improving its practices and ensuring compliance with the highest control standards.
CFO is leading positive change and building value as Canada’s premier provider of trusted, family-farmed, safe high-quality chicken. Representing over 1,300 family farmers in the province, our goal is to be the premier provider of market-leading, locally-farmed chicken, taking the lead in all key areas of responsible farming while being responsive to the ever-changing needs of the consumer, markets and processor-customers.
- Build and enhance overall CFO relationships, primarily with farmer-members, processor-customers and the value chain through developing and delivering practical solutions that enhance both outcomes and the experience, and by creating a “customer-centric” environment.
- Educate farmers in Best Management Practices, knowledge sharing, data and technology to achieve assured production performance
- Conduct on-site farm inspections to ensure compliance with CFO regulations and policy for quota holding farmers, Specialty & Artisanal licence holders and Family Food growers.
- Responsible for advocating positive change by supporting farmers to evolve their businesses to meet bringing them onto the CFO Connects platform and providing customer service to drive innovation and enhance traceability.
- Interface with poultry processors and transporters to ensure regulatory compliance, assist them interfacing with farmers through CFO Connects and supporting the administration of the marketing system.
- Degree in food related or bioscience discipline or equivalent higher education course
- 5 years in farming, food or related industry
- 2 years in quality assurance or food safety
- Preference would be given to those with experience in the broiler industry
- Bilingual is an asset
- Ability to use standard technology tools – MS Windows, Office, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Web
- Experience in an ERP environment is an asset (SAP CRM)
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Handle pressure and remain calm with time constraints
- Team based environment
- Task Orientated
CFO's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CFO, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, reflecting our industry and the communities where we live and work. We work together, unified by our respect for each other, CFO values, and the pursuit of our business strategy. Diversity at CFO is understanding, recognizing, and valuing the differences that make each person unique.
Want to learn more about Chicken Farmers of Ontario? Visit ontariochicken.ca today!
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to email@example.com