Volunteering At The EHC
Our flexible program is designed to take into account your unique skills, interests, and availability.
Ready To Help?
You might help clients utilize our resource area to make their job search as effective as possible. Or assist clients with using office equipment, navigating basic computer programs, and booking appointments with our Employment Advisors. We also manage two community gardens and can always benefit from a few extra green thumbs. Here’s a sample of other previous volunteer initiatives:
- Researching information as requested by staff
- Maintaining office equipment
- Monitoring client use of computers ensuring lab policy is adhered to
- Ensuring the resource area is tidy and appealing to clients
- Cleaning the resource area at the end of each day
Volunteers will receive 3 hours of training/orientation.
A successful volunteer will receive training in a variety of work areas. In completion of a placement, the volunteer may be given a reference for future academic or employment endeavours.
Do You Qualify?
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Mature and well-spoken
- Computer literate — internet navigation, sending and receiving emails, creating documents
- Willing to undertake tasks in a professional and confidential manner