Bench Brewing Company
About Bench Brewing:
Located in the heart of Niagara’s wine country, the Bench brewery is located on the site of the historic Maple Grove Public School in Beamsville, Ontario. Our brewery is a place for our guests to relax, learn, and experience the craft of brewing beer.
The Bench Brewing campus sits across eight beautiful acres of farmland and features a 50hL brewing system, a tap and tasting room, a beer garden, a ‘funk house’ for our wild ale and barrel fermentation program, and our very own hops field.
Our property houses a beautiful catholic church built in 1938 that has been converted to the Fieldstone at Bench facility. It has an indoor seating capacity of approximately 70 guests and during the warmer seasons the events lawn can seat up to 225 guests.
Bench is a certified B Corporation and strives to be a leader in sustainability, having achieved a zero-wastewater footprint and Carbon Neutral certification by Radicle Climate Smart.
Reporting to the Head Chef, the primary role of the Hospitality Service Staff (Kitchen Support) is to deliver an exceptional experience to all brewery guests with authentic and enthusiastic hospitality. The Hospitality Service Staff is a key point of contact with guests and will deliver a superior hospitality experience.
Hospitality Service Staff work within various areas of our hospitality team and responsibilities include:
- Greet and communicate with guests as an ambassador of Bench Brewing Company and our community
- Participate in regular beer tastings and information sessions to maintain an exceptional knowledge of all Bench Brewing products
- Escalate and communicate guest complaints to supervisors for prompt and effective service recovery
- Participate in the execution of events (at times off-site events)
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Kitchen at Bench menu to assist guests with questions about items including navigating dining with allergies and dietary restrictions
- Executing safe food handling practices when delivering dishes and also clearing plates
- Expedite the pass in the kitchen when required
- Properly remove all food particles from pots, pans, dishes and cutlery before sanitizing in dishwasher
- Properly dry all items coming out of the dishwasher when clean, and putting away in their designated storage areas in an organized manner
- Sweeping and mopping floors whenever necessary
- Removal of garbage, recycling, food waste and oil products to be placed in their designated areas of disposal outdoors
- Minor food preparations when needed
- Hospitality: 1 year (preferred)
- The drive to win as a team – collaborating to achieve success is what we do here at Bench
- Possess a fun, professional and positive attitude
- A thirst for knowledge and a desire to constantly be learning about beer and brewing process
- Must be comfortable working outdoors and in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Comfortable standing for 8-10 hours
- Must be able to lift objects up to 40kg
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Job Type: Part-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 5 months
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
If you have the entrepreneurial spirit and are motivated to work in a fast-paced, fun environment with like-minded people who love what they do, we want to hear from you!
Bench Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer. We value workplace diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. Our hiring decisions are made on the basis of candidate qualifications, competence, merit and business needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process by contacting Human Resources.