Direct Support Professional – # 7772 – S
Community Living - Grimsby, Lincoln & West Lincoln
The candidate(s) will provide a variety of personalized supports for individuals who currently reside in the Children’s and Adult Residential Services. The start rate of pay for part-time is $18.63. There is also a temporary $3.00 per hour wage increase for qualifying employees, through funds provided by the Ontario Government.
- Candidates working towards a 2 year Community College Diploma or related University Degree will be given first consideration
- First Aid and Level C CPR, and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI)
- Police clearance with vulnerable sector screening
- A valid G driver's license and insurable by the agencies insurance company
- Successful candidates must be able to provide proof of immunization against COVID-19 (a person who has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccine doses, including any booster dose(s) when eligible) or documentation that supports a medical or religious exemption
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to respond to individual needs and crisis situations in a calm, productive manner
- Well developed organizational and communication skills are essential
- Must be available to work, days, evenings, sleep shifts, weekends, and, must be committed to be available for call in shifts
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIEMENTS:
Advocating for Others - Calculates impact of actions or words
Collaboration - Encourages Others
Creative Problem Solving & Decision Making- Understands and acts on basic relationships
Fostering Independence in Others- Delegates
Initiative - Thinks and plans ahead
Interpersonal Relations & Respect- Effectively uses empathy
Resilience - Delivers results with a high level of consistency over a long period of time.
The Applicant(s) should be creative, take initiative and be resourceful. Must be self-motivated, mature and a responsible person who is able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as be a team player and a role model. Must demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationships with community partners. Strong phone and personal computer experience in MS Office, e-mails, client data bases etc.
Interested applicants must submit a detailed cover letter along with an updated detailed resume.