Medical Receptionist – #7846 – A
A local Doctor’s Office in Grimsby is looking for a highly organized Medical Receptionist to provide administrative support for 2 doctors. You will be responsible for handling daily correspondence along with other small tasks. To succeed, you should have effective communication skills and an eye for detail, and ability to work under pressure.
As a Medical Receptionist, we expect you to work independently and manage your time effectively. Ultimately, your goal is to help our doctors manage their schedule in a smooth way, making sure their job is done in the most productive way possible and liaise with patients in a client-centered manner.
- Arrange and schedule patient appointments.
- Prepare files, folders and documents for physicians x2
- Make photocopies, scan and fax documents for patients.
- Answer phones and greet patients in a friendly manner.
- Maintain cleanliness of waiting rooms
- Take blood pressure and weight of patients
- Greet patient’s and direct them to their appointment room as needed.
- Answer any questions that patients may have about doctors’
instructions or medical procedures.
- Record medical information on the computer-based medical records
system, experience with Accuro EMR and EPIC and asset
- Process insurance forms and assist customers with insurance questions
- Facilitate the payment of uninsured services, such as collecting
credit card information and signatures, and sending invoice; charge
non-OHIP cash handling
- Collect medical records from doctors’ offices, clinics or hospitals.
- Liasie with community members in the circle of care (e.g. Pharmacy,
- Maintain patient confidentiality and familiarity with PHIPPA
- Maintain COVID-19 procedures; will require on masking as part of
daily duties as clinic is within hospital
Skills and abilities:
- Proficient in basic computer navigation and fast typer, good grammatical skills
- Previous experience in a medical setting preferred, * experience with medical terminology
- Willing and able to learn quickly, training will be provided
- Attention to detail and independent problem-solving/critical-thinking skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining smooth workflow
- Ability to organize and prioritize a multitude of tasks based on urgency and severity
- Attentive to details and able to quickly spot and fix mistakes
- Work well under little supervision and proactively complete tasks ahead of time
- Excellent communication skills to be able to liaise with patients and their family in a respectful and patient centered manner
- On-site parking
- Ability to work from home on specified dates/weeks depending on
physician schedule(s) (advanced notice provided)
- Day shifts 8:30-4:30pm; with flex dates to work from home depending
on physician schedule(s).
- M-F; No weekends or holidays (unless previously discussed and agreed
upon with holiday pay as per ESA)