Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority (NPCA)
As part of the Operations team, this role is responsible for security and general maintenance activities at an assigned Conservation Area. Duties may include providing park security oversight and performing general facility and property maintenance. Individuals will safely operate equipment to ensure the upkeep of the Conservation Area as a recreational park for visitors as well as maintaining and supporting the natural resources of the area.
- Provide general oversight of visitor activity, ensuring safety of customer and park
- Perform routine inspection of facilities and grounds to ensure security
- Maintain cleanliness of the park and facilities
- Assist in the construction, restoration and maintenance of Conservation area trails and facilities
- Safely performs landscaping and minor building maintenance
- Communicate effectively and courteously with visitors, promoting good public relations and an enjoyable customer experience
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 1-year customer service experience
- Experience related to Security or Maintenance
- Valid G class driver’s licence preferred
- Valid CPR & First Aid an asset
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to resolve challenging customer situations
- Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check
Applicants will be assigned to one location but may be asked to work at any of the locations listed below.
Please indicate your location preference(s) as part of your application.
Gainsborough (Central Workshop)
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
***Candidates are asked to apply through the Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority (NPCA) website:
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We can provide accommodation for a disability in all employment activities, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.