Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Machine Operator/Technician is a Permanent Full Time Position.
*Bi-weekly Rotating 12 Hour Continental Rotations (7AM-7PM/7PM-7AM)
*Bi-weekly Rotating 8 Hour Rotations (Midnights, Afternoons, Days)
- Ensure safe operation of all ice cream packaging machinery you are assigned to
- Operate and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions or product imperfections, and determine where adjustments are needed
- Inspect, troubleshoot, clean, and adjust production machinery and equipment as needed
- Identify quality issues and direct to the appropriate channels upon discovery
- Maintain production and quality records throughout shift
- Ensure raw materials are properly loaded into packaging machinery
- In conjunction with Maintenance, assist in diagnosing mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, or pneumatic problems and assist to expedite repairs
- Train new team members as needed
- Support team members to deliver expected business results
- Follow all personal and product safety policies and procedures
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Excellent attendance
- Previous machine operation experience in a manufacturing setting
- Some previously demonstrated mechanical knowledge and troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Self-motivated and able to work within a team environment
- Ability to use basic computer functions
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac - where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.