Township of West Lincoln
To provide construction, maintenance and repair services on Township roads and adjacent municipal property.
This is a temporary seasonal position from approximately early December 2022 to late March 2023 during which time you are expected to work overtime when required, as well as shift work including evenings and weekends.
Municipal road maintenance including ploughing snow and sanding along roads, sidewalks and parking lots will be considered an asset. Candidates chosen for an interview will be required to provide a driver’s abstract at the time of the interview. The successful candidate must provide a basic police clearance certificate as well their own CSA approved footwear and appropriate work clothing.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Completion of the following courses:
• Snow Plow Course
• Traffic Control Course
• Ontario Good Roads course
• Chain Saw and Chipper Certificate
• WHMIS Training
- 2-3 years experience operating a truck in a construction, road maintenance or similar environment
- Understanding of Government Regulations
- Be able to read and understand blueprints
- Basic mathematical skills
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted drivers license for the class of the vehicle(s) operated
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Have and maintain a valid and unrestricted DZ (at minimum) driver’s license
For additional information see the position description at http://www.westlincoln.ca. All new hires must sign a declaration and provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (minimum 2 doses).
We thank all those applicants who apply and advise that acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview. Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you require this document or any additional documents in an alternative format, please contact our office at 905-957-3346. Please know that should you require any special accommodations in order to apply for a position or interview for a position with the Township of West Lincoln, we will endeavor to make such accommodations.