Customer Service Attendant #7809 – A
Township of West Lincoln
The Customer Service Attendant is a key customer relations position for the Township providing exceptional customer service to a diverse general public and West Lincoln Community Centre user groups.
Part-time Customer Service Attendants are expected to serve guests promptly, courteously and responsibly and at times independently with minimal supervision. In addition to ensuring positive interactions with visitors, responsibilities will include providing a variety of general information, taking incoming calls, answering general questions and referring enquiries as appropriate. Duties may also include handling materials, stock and cleaning supplies; accepting program registrations and providing light cleaning and maintenance duties in the facility.
Hours will depend on the operational requirements and may include weekdays, evenings and/or weekends.
Hours are not guaranteed, but are scheduled in advance by the Coordinator of Recreation Services. However, on occasion, Customer Service Attendant may be called into work on short notice.
- Provide front counter customer service in the West Lincoln Community Centre
- Answer and direct telephone calls and provide information on general inquiries at the counter including rentals and all other programs and events
- Accept program registrations and payments
- Assist with or fill in for program staff in the delivery of recreation programs when required
- Provide light cleaning and maintenance duties in the facility
- Enforce and promote Township values and policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or olde
- Experience in a Parks and Recreation environment, customer service, hospitality, sales and/or associated fields
- Proven ability to positively relate to a variety of people under varying circumstances
- Positive, welcoming attitude and dedication to ensuring customer satisfaction
- Ability to work well within a fast paced team environment
- Experience with cash handling and balancing a float/till
- Expertise in a variety of computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Current First Aid Certification Level C with CPR considered an asset
- An indoor office environment with exposure to loud noises, interruptions, lack of privacy and fluctuating temperature
- Occasional exposure to people who are difficult to deal with
- Infrequently may be required to clean washrooms, public areas and/or team rooms which may present exposure to bodily fluids and human waste.