Recreation Staff – #7881 – S
Township of West Lincoln
Recreation Staff will work as part of the Recreation Services’ Team to provide Recreation programs.
Recreation Staff are expected to serve patrons promptly, courteously and responsibly and at times
independently with minimal supervision.
Recreation Staff will work as a Team and under the guidance of a Recreation Team Leader and together will ensure positive interactions with patrons.
Responsibilities may include accepting payments, providing information about program rules and facilitating safe participation. Duties may also include providing light cleaning and maintenance if required in program space.
Hours will depend on the operational requirements and may include weekdays, evenings and/or weekends. Hours are not guaranteed, but are scheduled in advance by the Coordinator of Recreation Services. However, on occasion, Recreation Staff may be called into work on short notice.
- Provide facilitation of Recreation Services’ programs
- Work collaboratively with other Recreation Team members
- Follow Department procedures for the delivery of Recreation programs
- Accept program registrations and payments
- Ensure participant safety and the safe care and use of Township equipment during Recreation
- Provide light cleaning and maintenance duties in the facility as required in program spaces
- Enforce and promote Township values and policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must have a current First Aid Certification Level C with CPR
- Experience in a Parks and Recreation environment, customer service, recreation programming
and/or associated fields considered an asset
- Positive, welcoming attitude and dedication to ensuring customer satisfaction
- Ability to work well within a fast paced team environment
- Experience with cash handling considered an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An indoor or outdoor environment with exposure to loud noises, interruptions, lack of privacy and
- Occasional exposure to people who are difficult to deal with
- Infrequently may be required to clean washrooms, public areas and/or program spaces which may
present exposure to bodily fluids and human waste