Accounting Clerk – #7890 – A
Township of West Lincoln
The Township of West Lincoln in currently looking to hire an experiences Accounting Clerk for a 19-month contact. Reporting to the Deputy Treasurer/Manager of Finance, the Accounting Clerk is a key member of the Finance Department. This role is responsible for processing and maintaining accounts payable and inputting manual payroll timesheets. The Accounting Clerk assists with general cashier duties for all revenues and responds to public inquiries regarding property taxes, water billings, and other revenues at the front counter, by telephone and by email. In addition, the Accounting Clerk provides overall administrative support to the Finance Department, and assists with other duties and special projects.
- At least 1 year post secondary education in Accounting, Bookkeeping, or Business Administration and Microsoft Office or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in a financial environment
- Minimum 1 year of experience performing accounts payable processing activities
- Experience in processing payroll preferred
- Experience with a municipal financial software system is an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize high-importance tasks along with weekly occurring activities
- Working knowledge of governmental accounting procedures and laws relating to taxation and assessment
- Strong analytical and attention to detail abilities are essential
- Excellent diplomacy and customer service skills
This is a full-time, unionized, contract position of approximately 19 months working 35 hours per week, at an hourly rate of $27.05 to $27.30 per hour. All new hires must sign a declaration and provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (minimum 2 doses).