Accounting Clerk – #7906 – A
Zwart Systems Inc.
Zwart Systems Inc. requires fulltime, permanent Accounting Clerk. This role requires a professional in individual with experience and a degree or diploma in Accounting. Knowledge of ERP systems would be a definite asset. We are looking for a person that is enthusiastic, with great inter-personal skills, who has the ability to multi-task and functions well in a fast- paced environment. Zwart Systems Inc. recognizes, and rewards hard work with growth opportunities and financial compensation in a great work environment and a terrific team of people to work with.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, open and distribute mail
- Prepare bank deposits
- Record cash receipts
- Process new credit applications and setup new customer accounts in ERP system
- Email invoices and statements to customers using ERP system
- Perform Accounts Receivable collection duties
- Assist Accounting Department with invoicing as directed
- Manage use of corporate credit cards and prepare monthly credit card expense reports
- Ability to understand and coordinate with Accounts Payable and assist A/P department as needed
- Support as required for daily operations, month-end processes, annual audit
- Clerical functions and backup switchboard as required
- Adhere and follow all company procedures and safety protocols
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties may be assigned by Financial department as deemed necessary by work demands
Education and Skills:
- Post-Secondary diploma in Accounting required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with focus on Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of ERP systems an asset
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to order of importance in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply judgment and analysis in the solution of problems, in a high-volume environment
- Detail oriented, task oriented and able to follow direction
- Knowledge of the greenhouse/horticulture industry is an asset
- Must have strong time management skills with an emphasis on meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Very strong team player, self-motivated, organized, hard-working, with the ability to work with minimal supervision
The position is full-time Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. Zwart Systems Inc. offers the successful candidate two weeks’ vacation and competitive wages that will be based on education, skill set and experience. A company health benefit package is offered after successful completion of the probationary period.
We thank and appreciate everyone who has taken the time to apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Zwart Systems Inc. is an AdeptAg Company that has been in business for over 50 years and is considered a market leader that specializes in the design, fabrication and installation of irrigation, humidification, filtration, wire forming and benching systems within the horticulture industry. We are a progressive organization that encourages, coaches and supports positive growth in both your work life and personal life.
We promote equal employment opportunities for all job applicants. At Zwart Systems, we are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the HR Manager if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Zwart Systems is currently following all necessary protocol to keep our employees and visitors safe. Please respect our facemask and physical distancing policies. Thank you