Skate Patrol Attendant – #7816 – L
Township of West Lincoln
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To assist the Supervisor of Parks & Recreation or designate in providing parks and recreation services to the community.
Job functions included supervising public skating program and events, clean up, set up and take down as a part of the recreation team.
Hours will depend on the operational requirements and may include weekdays, evenings and/or weekends. Hours are not guaranteed, but are scheduled in advance by the Supervisor of Parks & Recreation. However, on occasion, Facility Attendant may be called into work on short notice.
- Ticket Sales: collecting fees, distribute tickets, recording/balancing revenue sheet and greeting guests
- Skate Patrol: supervising ice surface, enforcing rules and regulations, providing minor first aid, effectively patrolling public skating with an emphasis on the safety of the patrons while promoting leisure
- General cleaning of the entire facility
- Enforce and promote Township values and policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- To assist with the operation of the West Lincoln Community Centre & the Arena including skate patrol, ticket sales and other event functions as assigned by the Facility Operator on duty
- Excellent ice skating skills to provide supervision of public skating actives
- Assist with custodial duties and maintenance tasks as assigned
- Current First Aid - Certification Level C with CPR considered an asset
- An indoor and outdoor environment with exposure to loud noises, interruptions, lack of privacy and
- Occasional exposure to people who are difficult to deal with
- Required to clean washrooms, public areas and/or team rooms which may present exposure to
bodily fluids and human waste