Township of West Lincoln
The Recreation Team Leader will supervise Recreation Services’ programs providing program facilitation, guidance to Recreation Staff members and conflict resolution.
Team Leaders are expected to serve patrons promptly, courteously and responsibly and at times independently with minimal supervision. In addition to ensuring positive interactions with patrons, responsibilities will include accepting payments, providing information about program rules and facilitating safe participation.
The Recreation Team Leader will ensure the accurate collection of fees as required for Recreation programs. Recreation Team Leaders will provide leadership to other Team members during the delivery of Recreation programs. The Recreation Team Leader will support Facility Staff members as needed for the overall operation of Recreation facilities and or events. Duties may also include providing light cleaning and maintenance if required in program space.
Hours will depend on the operational requirements and may include weekdays, evenings and/or weekends. Hours are not guaranteed, but are scheduled in advance by the Coordinator of Recreation Services. However, on occasion, Recreation Team Leaders may be called into work on short notice.
- Provide supervision and facilitation of Recreation Services’ programs in West Lincoln
- Provide leadership and guidance to other Recreation Team members
- Problem solve and provide solutions based on Department procedures
- Accept program registrations and payments
- Ensure participant safety and the safe care and use of Township equipment during Recreation programs
- Provide light cleaning and maintenance duties in the facility as required in program spaces
- Enforce and promote Township values and policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a current First Aid Certification Level C with CPR
- Experience in a Parks and Recreation environment, customer service, recreation programming and/or associated fields
- Proven ability to positively relate to a variety of people under varying circumstances
- Positive, welcoming attitude and dedication to ensuring customer satisfaction
- Ability to work well within a fast paced team environment
- Experience with cash handling
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership and conflict resolution skills
- An indoor or outdoor environment with exposure to loud noises, interruptions, lack of privacy and
- Occasional exposure to people who are difficult to deal with
- Infrequently may be required to clean washrooms, public areas and/or program spaces which may present exposure to bodily fluids and human waste