Finance Manager – #7760 – A
Umbrella Family and Child Centres of Hamilton
For over 30 years, Umbrella Family and Child Centres of Hamilton has enjoyed the reputation of being an organization that offers high-quality programs to young children and their families. Umbrella Family operates full-day early learning and childcare centres for infant, toddler and preschool children, as well as extended day programs before and after school for kindergarten and school age children in the Greater Hamilton Area.
Due to an upcoming retirement, we are currently recruiting for a Finance Manager to join our team!
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Finance Manager provides leadership to all financial aspects of the organization, from financial strategy development and execution, to finance and labour usage analyses, forecasts and reporting to the management team and board of directions, to ensure sound management decision making. This position oversees and directs the Finance Department to execute processes and controls to ensure ongoing financial success of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting / Finance Management or a related field is required
- CPA Designation is required
- Eight (8) years of finance / accounting experience, with a focus on financial analysis and three (3) years of people management experience
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organization is considered an asset
- In-depth knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), to carry out job responsibilities
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, with strong relationship building skills
- In depth knowledge of MS Office Suite is preferred, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Sage would be considered an asset
- Confident and consistent decision-making skills
- Resourcefulness and flexibility to meet the needs and the demands of the position
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to achieve outcomes and meet deadlines
- Ability to balance demands and priorities and to manage effectively
In addition to a fun and rewarding work environment the Umbrella Family offers a competitive compensation package, including RRSPs, a Group Benefits Plan and an Employee Assistance Program as well as generous vacation and sick time allotments. This position is currently working a hybrid model.
In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodations are available to applicants to support them in all aspects of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.