20 Valley Harvest Farms
20 Valley Harvest Farms is a woman-led, family operated fruit and vegetable farm. We strive to live our values at work, including making ethical and environmentally conscious purchasing decisions. Our farm specializes in agri-tourism through our popular pick-your-own. A large part of our customer base are guests visiting the region from the GTA. We strive to offer our guests exceptional customer service and encourage them to come visit our pick-your-own orchards every year!
Team members will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the pick-your-own cherry operation and on-farm markets. This position provides an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in small-scale agri-tourism and agri-business sales and promotion. As a customer service representative, it will be your responsibility to provide customers with a memorable and positive experience.
This job will give youth employees first-hand experience working in small- scale agri-business and with a focus on agricultural retail sales – a key component of agriculture and the main way for a small- scale agricultural business to be viable in Canada is through retail sales, product differentiation and added-value. Employees will be selling directly to consumers, including up-selling, providing customer service, and some youth will provide orientation sessions for customers (often in small groups) on how to pick fruit without damaging the tree and how to stay safe on the farm.
The youth employee may also manage and organize data including data entry, social media research and post creation, filing, or bookkeeping. Duties will also include general farm work such as harvesting, sorting, and packing fruit and vegetables; organizing and filling orders, managing inventory and sales records, crop maintenance, landscape maintenance, minor general maintenance and repairs, open/close market stands.
- Friendly and outgoing; positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Able to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Good decision making ability
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to work weekends and occasionally evenings or early mornings
- Willing to work outdoors
- Requires the ability to lift 35 lbs
Additional skills (considered an asset but not essential):
- Valid driver's license
- Awareness of local food, fruit or horticulture
- Previous retail sales experience
- Experience driving a cargo van
- A second language is an asset, especially languages spoken in Asia, SE Asia, Middle East, South America and Eastern Europe
- Reverence for Mother Earth
This position is pending Canada Summer Jobs funding approval.
To be eligible, youth must meet ALL 3 criteria:
1) be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period;
2) be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
3) have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Visit our website: http://20valleyharvest.com/
Email us at: email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/20valleyharvest/
Please submit resume by email: firstname.lastname@example.org