Administrative Support Specialist – #5752 – A
Employment Help Centre
What would it be like to work here?
The Employment Help Centre (EHC) – located in Beamsville, Grimsby and Smithville – is a not-for-profit organization providing a full range of Employment Ontario programs and services through supports to both job seekers and employers. Funded by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, Employment Help Centre continuously strives to provide consistent services while impacting the lives of individuals and building a stronger Niagara West community.
What are we looking for?
An Administrative Support Specialist working with Employment Help Centre will always maintain a high level of professionalism and willingness to go above and beyond to support the needs of Clients, Employers as well as the Job Development team. The Administrative Support Specialist will work under the general supervision of the Manager of Employment Programs and Services.
- Assisting with accurate and timely development of Employment Ontario training agreements under the direction of the Job Development team
- Preparing and maintaining accurate records and case notes with employers and clients to demonstrate outcomes
- Supporting the Job Development team with pre-screening job applications, and reviewing cover letters in order to assist in the job matching process for both Clients and Employers
- Preparing job postings for job board and managing thereafter
- Consistently exercising high level of discretion when handling client and employer information
- Participating in special events and training programs
- Maintaining accurate client files both on paper and/or electronically while adhering to confidentiality policies
- Positively interacting with members of the Job Development team, staff members, community agencies, and partners
- Assisting Job Development team in conducting and completing EHC’s quarterly employment forecast survey
- Assisting in case conferencing processes with Job Developers and Employment Advisors
- Providing support for the Job Development team and employers in identifying the skills and competencies required to perform the work
- Assisting with matching an employer’s workplace needs with a client’s capabilities and develop a training plan
- Adhering to Employment Help Centre policies and procedures as established by the Board of Directors
- Degree or diploma in business administration
- 2-3 years’ administrative experience
- Experience in job development/recruitment; staffing & selection; employment counselling; community development work; or social services is considered an asset
- Ability to effectively work in both team and independent work settings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Hold a valid driver’s licence, have access to a reliable vehicle and be insured for business purposes
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resume with cover letter outlining their qualifications by Friday June 21st, 2019 by 4:00 pm.
Should applicants have any questions throughout the application process or require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources department.
This job posting is not exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an Administrative Support Specialist will be asked to perform from time to time. This list is only a sample; an Administrative Support Specialist may be required to perform other duties.
Employment Help Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.