Advantage Waste Systems
Advantage Waste Systems is looking for an experienced Mini Side-Loader Driver to lead our waste management collection team in Grimsby, Ontario. Pay $17.00/hour to start.
A privately-owned Canadian company and a leading provider of comprehensive waste management services, offering customized commercial, institutional and residential waste collection solutions throughout the communities of Halton, Hamilton and Niagara.
We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence and professionalism, working continuously to exceed the industry standard while promoting a safety-first environment.
Garbage/Recycling Truck Driver, Commercial (Mini Side-Loader Pickup) operation of a small Side-Loader collection truck equipped to provide collection services on Wheeled Totes containers. The driver will work independently and assist in leading and coordinating the team in addition to conducting daily truck safety and maintenance inspections, ensure safe operation of a truck, while driving, collecting totes from various locations throughout the service area.
- Solid experience/knowledge driving various commercial trucks
- G driver's licence is required and must be maintained
- Safety priority mentality
- Proven record of safe driving performance (Clean Driving record) CVOR
- Reference - Must provide letter of past driving history experience
- Capable to work up to 10 hours per day
- Perform effectively and drive accident free
- Effective communication skills to convey information to dispatcher and collection team
- Good work attendance record, routes will be assigned within the Halton – Niagara area
- Able to walk short distances to building to retrieve Totes for servicing by Side-Loader truck
- Available to start asap
At Advantage, our employee compensation package is competitive, and includes excellent co-pay health benefits, dental, vision, life Insurance and prescription coverage, uniforms and home every night.
Vacation premiums are paid on every payroll.
Employees are provided with Uniforms Summer/Winter.
Day Shift - 5 days a week (Saturdays & Sunday Work Available)
Side-Loader Training Required followed by 6 month review
Over time available: Yes
Daily Computer Use: Yes
Scheduled Vacation Time: Yes