Andrew Peller Limited is one of Canada’s largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality wine production. Our largest production facility in Grimsby, Ontario crushes 14,500 tonnes of fruit and is looking to hire driven, hardworking, harvest staff. We produce some of Canada’s more recognized brands and offer an excellent, challenging and rewarding harvest experience. We run a small and efficient team, and there will be opportunities to learn to use modern wine making equipment and processes first hand, and take on roles that will develop your winery skills and techniques. 2018 is expected to be one of our largest Harvests to date with a number of grape varieties, including Merlot, Cabernet, Chardonnay and Vidal.
- Operating equipment to crush, ferment, and clarify grapes, as instructed by Cellar Lead Hand Crush Pad: presses, rotary fermenters, static fermenters, dumping grape bins, crusher/destemmer, Pump overs
Cellars: Operating the centrifuge, decanter, floatation unit, inoculations, transfers, RDV
- Taking temperatures and samples for the laboratory analysis
- Inoculation buildups for fermentations; Adding oak bags to tanks as directed
- Making material additions to juice or wine as directed
- Cleaning and sanitizing of processing equipment as directed
- Following the bulk receiving guidelines to unload import wine trucks
- Follow all ABS procedures and policies and report any deviations immediately to the Cellar Manager and Winemaker
- Consistently providing and striving for excellent internal and external Customer Service
- Promoting a health & safety culture by ensuring a safe and healthy work environment through effective operation of the Health and Safety program, joint H&S committee (if applicable)
- High school diploma
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment considered an asset
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load on a daily basis
- Communicate effectively and work safely with co-workers
- Ability to lift in excess of 22 kg on a regular basis; standing, climbing, bending and walking
- Substantial attention to detail required
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Cellar experience an asset
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the company’s “Employment of Relatives Policy” immediate family of employees who currently work for Andrew Peller Limited or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible for (re) hire. In addition, per our “Internal Job Posting Policy”, internal candidates must have been in their current position for one (1) year and their performance must be in good standing.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.