Andrew Peller Limited
At Andrew Peller Limited (APL), we deliver the perfect brand experience for every lifestyle, occasion, and generation. Through collaboration, open communication, honesty, drive to win, and accountability, we inspire teammates to be extraordinary every day.
Who We Are
We are one of Canada’s largest and oldest wine companies with a rich heritage in quality winemaking.
We produce some of Canada’s most recognized brands and offer our teammates a challenging and rewarding employment experience.
We are a leading Canadian winery and the experience gained at Trius is world class. We foster a wine environment and openly discuss techniques and processes. Education and experience is one of our main goals.
Trius winery is looking to hire diverse, top quality harvest staff for the upcoming 2015 vintage. The selected harvest team will work at two different production facilities (Niagara on the Lake and Beamsville Bench sub appellation) which process approximately 5000 tonnes combined.
Please note: Accommodation and transportation is available for international employees and is offered as a taxable benefit. We are not able to assist in Visa procurement; we advise that interested international applicants start the Visa application process as soon as possible.
Harvest staff will be required to be available 7 days per week for 12hrs/day shifts (day or night), and will be given one day off during that time period. Harvest is approximately 2 to 3 months in duration, beginning at the end of August and ending early to mid-November (actual dates to be confirmed).
Processing starts in Late August to mid September by harvesting our sparkling wine (300 tonnes of hand picked grapes) which we use for our range of traditional method wines. We make a range of table wines including Riesling, Pinot Gris, Gewurztraminer, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Gamay, Merlot, Cab Franc and Cab Sauv. Successful candidates will get the opportunity to work within various areas of the winery including the crush pad, cellars, and our extensive barrel cellar.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing process equipment
- Operating equipment on the crush pad and cellars to press grapes and clarify juice
- Making material additions to juice/wine blends and transfers during fermentation
- Racking, transferring and blending wine/juice.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load on a daily basis
- Understand the basics of premium wine production & wine analyses
- Communicate effectively and work safely with co-workers
- Ability to lift in excess of 22 kg on a regular basis
- Substantial attention to detail required
How to Apply:
Please apply at https://andrewpeller.prevueaps.com/jobs/106984.html