Engineering Manager -# 6896 – L
Andrew Peller Ltd.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager to join our Engineering Team!
Reporting into the National Engineering Manger, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for delivering the complete implementation of the strategic capital plan and projects and/or, responsible for managing the scope, timeline and budget while delivering specified performance, safety and quality standards.
- Execution and management of the Annual Regional Strategic Capital Budget, including project definition, stakeholder alignment, engineering design, procurement, construction and project management
- Management of regional resources, including oversight of projects managed by engineer(s) within reporting structure
- Concept and process design in support of capital planning cycle and capital and process improvement projects, employing sound engineering principles based in applicable technical standards and regulatory compliance
- Capital procurement of equipment and services, with attention to cost, timeline, budget, financial and business risks
- Construction management of capital projects, including acting as designated constructor supervisor under the applicable local regulations, as well as direct responsibility for the supervision, safety and GMP of all contractors
- Project management including management of timeline, scope and budget, ensuring stakeholder alignment and satisfaction
- Technical Support to stakeholders, providing analysis and solutions to situational and system problems, including troubleshooting, discovery of new technologies, capacity analysis and workflow analysis
- Continuous attention to EH&S, Quality and Food Safety issues and concerns throughout the development and design of capital and process improvement projects
- Follows safe work procedures and practices and reports all unsafe working conditions/hazards to their manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Applied Science, preferably in the Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical engineering disciplines
- Professional Engineering License an asset; minimum requirement to be eligible or in the process of application
- 5-10 years of relevant, direct or supporting experience in any or all of the following:
Food and Beverage
Consumer Packaged Goods
Process Manufacturing Environments
- Experience with and/or Working knowledge of any of the following an asset:
- Lean Manufacturing, HACCP or other Food Safety standards
- ISO or other Quality Management Systems
- Applicable Regulatory and Engineering Standards (eg; CSA, TSSA, MOE, MOL, etc..)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills with ability to handle multiple and complex activities simultaneously
- Ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders and managers, with a customer-oriented mindset
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong planning and organizational skills
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs in a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.